Federal Proposal Graphic Designer - Remote
Since 2009, MindPoint Group has been the cybersecurity firm of choice for the most security-conscious US federal agencies and commercial enterprises.
We're proud to be one of Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies in the country. With several ‘Best Places to Work’ awards under our belts, we have a diverse employee-focused culture, accessibility, and communication between all levels and departments, and over 4 stars in reviews on Glassdoor.
Come be a part of what we're building. We use our award-winning recruitment process to seek the most skilled, experienced, and driven information security consulting experts in the industry, while simultaneously empowering applicants to determine if MindPoint Group is the right fit for them. We are profoundly invested in selecting the right people to join our team and are equally driven to expand and develop careers long-term.
With positions throughout the US, a role at MindPoint Group promises you:
- An opportunity to work within one of the most diverse DC-based organizations
- Generous tuition and professional development reimbursements
- Mentorship opportunities with leaders focused on your growth
- Competitive benefits like 401k matching, 11 federal holidays, etc.
- And more!
We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced graphic designer that can work with new business capture, marketing, and program teams to promote and win new business opportunities.
What you get to do every day:
- Serve as a strategic advisor on art direction and overarching design themes using proposal design building blocks: cover, callouts, iconography, infographics, photography, and language
- Work with subject matter experts to develop a proposal that visually communicates win themes and key messages within RFP specifications
- Create proposal graphics that tell the narrative story by interviewing SMEs for concepts
- Interface and brainstorm with proposal writers, SMEs, and senior leaders regarding the visual display of information, understand the substance of business issues being communicated and provide visual solutions that enhance/clarify audience understanding
- Produce a full range of digital collateral to enhance readability, draw the reader into the content
- Ensure that proposal graphics adhere to RFP requirements and MPG quality and brand standards
- Balance priorities and keep internal clients informed of projects and progress; working quickly and efficiently to meet project milestones/deadlines on a tight schedule
- Use stakeholder process descriptions to build visually appealing and MindPoint Group-branded process diagrams
- Assist with the stewardship of the MindPoint Group proposal brand guide, and ensure produced assets meet branding guidelines
- Microsoft PowerPoint required for application for Federal proposal graphics
- Assist with graphics for business development, sales, proposal activities, and external marketing
- Openly communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development of assets
- Ability to flex working schedule, as needed
**US Citizenship required**
What skills are required?
- Minimum of four (4) years of Federal proposal graphics experience
- Experience in Federal proposal editing and production
- Ability to take an idea/description of an approach and create a graphic from it
- Advanced experience in MS PowerPoint, and Word: Must primarily use Microsoft PowerPoint while creating Federal proposal graphics
- Ability to think creatively, express ideas orally and in writing, and have excellent listening and decision-making skills
- Ability to produce large volumes of work consistently and accurately
- Ability to create elegantly, designed "feel" in programs such as PPT and Word that were not written primarily as design vehicles
- Manage and customize document formatting using templates
- Proven skills and educational training in typography, layout, composition, color theory, and information design
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to manage own time and take initiative; also must be able to work well with the team and collaborate well
- Professional client service manner and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing a creative design with last-minute requirements and non-negotiable deadlines
- Comfortable embedding with client service teams in 'war room' environments to develop and design materials in real-time
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and synthesize direction from many individuals
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/365
- Ability to work independently, meet aggressive deadlines and production schedules, and juggle multiple simultaneous projects
- Know how to confer advice and suggestions from internal stakeholders and transition concepts from idea to the final product
- Interest in learning more about Cybersecurity and related fields
- Comfortable working with highly distributed teams
- All offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or successful accommodation for an exemption.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation is unique to each candidate and relative to the skills and experience they bring to the position. The salary range for this position is typically $70-100k. This does not guarantee a specific salary as compensation is based upon multiple factors such as education, experience, certifications, and other requirements, and may fall outside of the above-stated range.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job applicants that are interested in one of our openings and may require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, should contact us to request an accommodation.
Are you interested in a posted job opportunity but may not check all of the “boxes” for desired qualifications? If so, we encourage you to apply! Our commitment to sustain and champion an inclusive and dynamic community of employees is a high priority!