Senior Product Application & Proposal Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be accountable for sales of ABB Automotive Robots in Robotics & Discrete Automation in Auburn Hills, Michigan driving sales volumes and margins. In this role, you will be proposing winning commercial solutions to automotive manufacturing customers, using high levels of ABB technology to achieve cost-margin targets, ensure market competitiveness and build trust in customer relationships.
This position reports to
Vice President Automotive Robotics - USA
- Work cross functionally within ABB Automotive Robotics division in the capacity of solution and proposal development
- Ownership responsibilities include customer intake, machine, or system process development, cost estimation, and bid document preparation
- Serve as customer interface and translate customer requirements into competitive, effective, and executable proposals, incorporating ABB Robotic product and systems in automotive assembly
- Business area is primarily electrified powertrain
- Direct target price and target cost analyses using historical data and competitive intelligence for all Local & Global Execution tenders
- Drive process improvements and provide recommendations for improvement of the tendering process and the tools utilized therein
- Evaluate contract implications and risks, Conduct Local & Global Risk Reviews, prepare estimates, documentation and participate in establishing market-competitive sales prices
- Requires a Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Automation Technology, Industrial Engineering or a related engineering field
- 8 years of experience in the job offered or 8 years of experience developing proposals for Automotive applications including performing cost estimates
- 5 years of experience using modeling software with Mechanical Tool Design, AutoCad or Catia, developing proposals for Automotive applications, conducting Proposal Risk Reviews at Local & Global Levels, performing global and customer relations
- Understanding of current market forces
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan