May 25, 2023
Bolingbrook, Illinois, USA
Power Distribution Technical Applications & Proposal Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Power Distribution Technical Applications and Proposal Specialist providing PDU & STS inquiry to remittance technical applications and proposal support to the Critical Power sales teams for North America and international opportunities. In this role, you will be responsible for: PDU & STS submittals, detailed specification reviews and Compliance Deviation Exception documentation, applications, and value engineering for winning profitable deals.
This position reports to
Sales Support Manager
- Price and technical reviews within Empowerment of Authority
- Management of the overall solution offered to global PDU & STS customers.
- Responsible for the development of complete proposals working in close cooperation with the sales team, the product line, engineering, sourcing, legal and other functions.
- Ensure the commercial as well as technical aspects of proposals are complete and compliant with the Customer requirements and present our solutions in the most competitive way.
- Work closely with the sales manager as a key partner in the strategy development to create winning proposals and meeting or exceeding the global orders plan.
- Applications engineering and technical support of customers and outside sales teams.
- Support the Product Line strategy in meeting segment orders, sales, as-sold margins and hit rate.
- Responsible for the execution of the Commercial Risk Review Process including deal reviews and approvals, in compliance with business policies.
- Responsible for Terms & Conditions of deals and managing the risk to the business.
- Ensure process adherence to all Government contracting requirements.
- Responsible for proposal document control and archiving, per policy.
- Support the proposal process improvement and proposal quality metrics.
- B.S. degree in engineering; preferably electrical or a high school diploma with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the electrical power distribution industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to consider multiple viewpoints and resolve technical issues quickly.
- Fluent in English; speaking and writing.
- Enjoy problem solving and new customer development.
- Self-starter - accountable for results and able to work without detailed direction.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects and assignments.
- Bi-Lingual Spanish-English
- Knowledge of critical power PDU & STS products and technologies
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge and use of, EXCEL, Adobe, and SAP.
- Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
Construction & Engineering