May 25, 2023
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for projects in Outdoor Products (ODP), Electrification Distribution Solutions (ELDS). You will be responsible to develop complex proposals for select Electrification Distribution Solutions (ELDS) products and solutions, based upon analysis of customer provided technical documentation as well as project/customer specific commercial requirements. These proposals should result in executable orders by balancing market competitiveness, company profitability, and meeting customer needs. This resource will work cross-functionally to optimize satisfaction of all stakeholders and functional leaders.
This position reports to
Sales Support Manager
- Formulates complex proposals, by providing best available product(s)/solution(s) while appropriately addressing technical and commercial considerations for each individual opportunity. Ensures proposals are completed in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate cost modeling
- Manages the preparation of all technical, financial, commercial and, if necessary, project management aspects of the proposal Including but not limited to providing optimized pricing balancing competitive market conditions and company profitability metrics
- In accordance with proposal development, ensures that all factors are considered and addressed according to established quality procedures. Manages external services to support international proposal development such as language translation, export requirements, and governmental approvals, as needed
- Identifies potential risks associated with the proposal, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Drives strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Regularly reports the status of the proposals using defined tools by collecting and analyzing the reasons for won/lost proposals
- Provides support regarding pricing tools by keeping the prices updated. Provides support in training our customers how to properly utilize our pricing tools, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field desirable and minimum 5 ears related experience in pricing, sales or marketing
- Proven analytical skillset
- Exceptional internal and external communications skills written and oral
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
Construction & Engineering