Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As the Digital Bids & Proposals Specialist at ABB, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for projects in the Process Industries. In this role, you will collaborate with cross functional teams to create complex proposals in the Process Industries market segment globally, in response to Request for proposal (RFP) documents. In addition, you will also be directly involved with developing a Clean, Competitive, Compliant and Compelling proposal that balances market competitiveness, company profitability, and meeting customer needs.
This position reports to
Sales Support Manager
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop Clean, Competitive, Compliant, and Compelling proposals for projects in the ABB Process Industries and successfully achieve mile-stones and complete deliverables. Support the creation of the technical proposal templates. These proposal templates will be maintained and kept up to date by the Digital Bids & Proposals team.
- Coordinate with project management to ensure that any won projects become fully executable and profitable orders. Ensure appropriate local engagement, communication, promotion and training activities are set in motion to best enable sales efforts. Ensure use of standard tools and processes and reporting to relevant internal teams.
- Use technical proposal templates to prepare proposals that include analysis and response to customer requirements, description of the solution and components in the proposed system, utility requirements, materials consumption rates, technical details & parameters, clarifications & exceptions, economic benefits of the solution offering, scope of supply, etc. Hold regular project review meetings, record actions, drive action closures, and implement effective solutions in a timely manner. Prepare thorough and clear documentation of key design basis points and Sales/Business/Technical decisions during proposal development. Escalate for assistance when normal processes are not providing desired results.
- Develop/maintain relationships with all key functions, including but not limited to - Sales, Factory Quotations, Application Engineers, Project Operations, and Product Management. Provide advice and recommendations to Business and Sales personnel to help develop proposal strategies and customer value propositions. Ensure appropriate local engagement, communication and training activities are set in motion to best enable sales efforts.
- Responsible for identifying and managing risks relating to the proposals in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Attend Project Strategy/Risk Meetings, as needed and drive.
- Drive and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field or business administration / advanced degree desirable and minimum 2 years of experience in customer proposal generation.
- Experience in the Process Industries domain is required. Division specific industry exposure (industrial automation/advanced software) preferred. Experience and background in either one or more of the Division industrial domains of Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Food & Beverage.
- Strong knowledge of industrial software such as operational excellence, process performance, simulation, asset performance management, sustainability and cyber security solution areas.
- Ability to manage and influence others with a demonstrated capability to collaborate with people and organizations while delivering results.
- Ability to write persuasive proposals that clearly articulate the value proposition, technical offering, capabilities, and scope of supply Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
- Proven ability to design and execute change management strategies from scratch and drive them to success.
- Personal leadership with high accountability, results orientation and ability to work in indirect and virtual teams.
- Global mind-set and inter-cultural sensitivity.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Availability to travel internationally as required.