Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Senior Sales Proposal Engineer you will be assisting the sales team, the Sales Support Specialist prepares system drives within Motion Business in Houston, Texas. In this role, you will be managing the project bid process and technical aspects of applications in heavy industries example chemicals, oil and gas, mining, metals, etc. where variable speed drive and motor equipment packages are required. And not only that; the successful candidate will also provide support in early stages of project sales cycles, resolve contractual issues and support negotiations through which those variable speed drives and motors are sold. Further, you will articulate our manufacturing, delivery and commissioning processes to our customers. This is a great position to further develop yourself as an individual working with a diverse cross-functional team, increase exposure to multiple disciplines and become part of a growing organization that can offer opportunities for building a diverse and fulfilling career.
This position reports to
Director, Enclosed Powertrain Packaging
- Project Proposal Management: In this role you will lead proposal activities for assigned variable frequency drive system project pursuits for End Users, EPCs (Engineering Procurement and Construction), and Project OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers)Customers. You will lead our internal Project Risk Review process covering technical, financial, and commercial aspects of proposals. The request will range from spare parts, single drives to complete enclosed powertrain solutions
- Customer Relationships: You will establish and maintain effective customer relationships and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process
- Risk Management: You will identify risks and opportunities resulting from Customer requirements and specifications and prescribe how to best mitigate those risks through actions, in coordination with the Project Execution team
- Suppliers: You will help identify potential vendors for equipment and materials required in projects through the evaluation of supplier proposals against Customer or ABB internal specifications. You will also work with primary vendors on standardized pricing agreements in collaboration with Supply Chain Management
- Presentation: You will prepare and deliver Customer-ready product and solution presentations for different applications, both virtually and at Customer locations
- Specification Influencing: You will prepare and deliver Customer-ready product and solution presentations for different applications, both virtually and at Customer locations
- Bachelor degree (Electrical Engineering preferred) and 8 years of related Sales, Product Engineering, Technical Support, Application Engineering, Test Engineering experience required
- Travel up to 30% required
- Strong technical knowledge about variable speed drives and applications highly preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program