Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for domestic and/or international business in General Industry, Robotics & Discrete Automation in Auburn Hills, Michigan. In this role, you will be preparing of proposals to develop domestic and/or international business and also include making recommendations to ensure that bids and orders received are at acceptable profit levels. You will be perform various proposal and cost estimating duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of established practices. Pursuing initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction.
This position reports to
General Industry Business Leader
- Review and analyze customer specifications
- Coordinate input from other departments to develop bids responsive to customer requirements
- Simultaneously process information on multiple and varied projects, and respond effectively to changes in priorities
- Develop cost estimates for new bids and contract revisions
- Utilize engineering data, drawings, customer specifications and related information to prepare cost estimates, requests for quotations for purchase of components, evaluate supplier quotations and summarize total cost estimates
- Write complete proposal documents and revise contract documents, as required. Compile data for reporting contract scope, terms, cost and profitability, to management
- Attend meetings to exchange information and analyze contract requirements.
- Participate in investigating technical problems and establishing procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Duties may require domestic or international travel
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field and 2 to 5 years of experience, alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
- Automation system project management experience preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program