May 25, 2023
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for Distribution Solutions projects in Electrification in Mebane, North Carolina. You will take a lead role developing in the 4Ps of Marketing for LV SWGR-Product, Price, Place and Position. Create and complete bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification, or customer requirements/budget in-order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present around responsibility.
This position reports to
Sales Support Manager
- Target – Lead the preparation of technical, commercial, and contractual aspects of LV SWGR Proposals in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Formulates competitive bids/estimates/quotation, considering best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensure quotations are well documented in a timely manner and with the appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Preparation – Manage the preparation of all technical (e.g., defining the most suitable technology and product types(s)), financial (e.g., total price sheet, cash flow analysis, FCMs) and if necessary, project management (e.g., quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid/estimate/quotations, indicating price and trade conditions.
- Coordination – Work in collaboration with ABB customers, commercial, product management and supply chain organizations. In accordance with bids/estimates/quotation planning, ensure that quotations are provided on time and according to established quality procedures.
- Documentation – Collect and archive documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reports the status of the bids/estimates/quotations using defined tools and collects and analyses the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
- Risk – Identify potential risks in the bids/quotations/estimates, and in any related contract agreement across customer/channel. Provides information and/or participates in the risk review process in accordance with ABB policy.
- Information coordination – Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements
- Customer relations – Establishe and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers
- Bachelors in Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a technical/commercial role involving our products
- Engineering, Electrical design, or technical/commercial training as related to Low Voltage equipment
- Knowledge of current ABB switchgear products preferred
- Ability to identify and determine requirements from customer documentation and drawings
- Knowledge in reading electrical and mechanical drawings and device summaries
- Experience with WindChill and SAP
- Motivated self-starter with good communication skills, and technical knowledge
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
Construction & Engineering