Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for projects in Medium Voltage primary AIS ANSI (American National Standards Institute), Electrification Distribution Solutions (ELDS) in Mebane, North Carolina. This position is responsible for meeting the established objectives of quotation volume and order volume by influencing customers and providing direct support to the field sales department. Budget pricing, technical layout assistance and visiting customers is a key element of the position. Also, the position is responsible for the order entry and commercial aspects of an order. Emphasis in all responsibilities will be on accurate costing, speed and accuracy of responses, and decreasing project costs along with specification influence, with a focus on customer satisfaction and productivity.
This position reports to
- Achieve planned objectives in assigned region for order volume, margin, and market share as budgeted by the business
- Provide accurate, effective, and responsive quotations to customers and ensure an accurate and complete order is delivered to order entry and project management
- Provide customer support through field visits, training, and trade show to assist customers in budgeting of projects, layout assistance and specification writing
- Travel to customers in the assigned region at an average of 10 to 20% of ones time in order to meet assigned objectives
- Responsible for presenting product features and advantages through product presentations, hands on demonstrations and performing product training
- Position ABB as the preferred supplier and long-term partner by working directly with customers to develop a technical and commercial relationship. Define the customer’s requirements and perform specification influence to develop solutions to secure the highest possible ABB penetration
- Contribute to successful development projects leading to new product introductions based on feedback regarding market requirements
- Function as member of marketing staff with strong team orientation. Handle multiple projects and critical deadlines with efficiency and minimal supervision
- Learn and develop an understanding of target markets, industry issues, customer purchasing behavior and influences
- Assist in the development and maintenance of support literature, technical documents and competitive data
- Work with Project Engineers on commercial aspects of projects
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred and minimum 2 to 5 years of experience with ANSI manufactured switchgear and motor control centers preferred
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical subjects to groups of technicians and/or engineers
- Excellent technical English writing and verbal skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self starter that can simultaneously manage multiple complex projects and desires to deliver to customers a high quality, complete proposal that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Safety & Environmental: Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations
- Actively contribute to the improvements within the organization and take a proactive role in helping customers improve their equipment with relation to the products they are purchasing
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan