At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Proposal Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Coordinate with Marketing Services Manager on marketing processes and work-level balancing
- Lead and facilitate pursuit and proposal meetings from pre-marketing, proposal phase, and interview process on large pursuits
- Collaborate with individual pursuit teams and technical staff to develop win strategies and key messaging
- Conceptualize, research, and produce marketing materials, proposals, promotions, and presentations including non-technical writing
- Develop and coordinate layouts and graphics using brand standards
- Manage production of deliverables in comformance of company standard
- Write non-technical text, and edit and proofread marketing collateral
- Be responsible for timely production and quality of marketing communications
- Lead and support interview coaching and presentation development for shortlist interviews
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in a related marketing/business role. Engineering, environmental, architecture, and/or construction industries preferred.
- Must have mastery in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and InDesign
- Strong technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Superior interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Customer service focus
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Mastery of strategic marketing communication concepts
- Excellent time management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability and desire to mentor department coordination staff
- Ability to facilitate and lead discussions relative to marketing and client development planning activities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines with diplomacy
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Ability to compose documents onscreen and to communicate graphically
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Interface with people both inside and outside the firm including clients and sub-consultants
- Assists in the maintenance of business development database
- Solid understanding of visual layouts with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently as well as in team environments
- Strength in managing multiple deadlines/multi-tasking skills while providing responsive communication
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with emphasis on superior persuasive writing, and presentation. Interview coaching ability a plus
- Enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe InDesign Suite
- Requires little or no direction in area of specialization
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $86,000.00- $123,000.00 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location. Stated benefits are for full-time regular positions. Temporary and part-time roles eligible for limited benefits.