At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and an affirmative-action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Proposal Manager, we’ll count on you to manage the proposal and pursuit process for many key and complex infrastructure projects in NY/NJ. Manage the pursuit process through from capture planning to proposal development, and interview preparation
• Conduct and facilitate pursuit and proposal meetings
• Collaborate with individual pursuit teams and technical staff to develop win strategies and key messaging
• Conceptualize, research and produce marketing materials, proposals, promotions and presentations including non-technical writing
• Develop and coordinate layouts and graphics
• Write non-technical text, and edit and proofread marketing collateral
• Be responsible for timely production and quality of marketing communications
• Lead and support interview coaching and presentation development for shortlist interviews
• Interface with people both inside and outside the firm including clients and sub-consultants
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree; Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
• Minimum of 8 years proposal marketing experience, preferably in the A/E Industry
• Familiarity with qualifications-based and approach-based proposals is a must.
• Must have mastery in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and InDesign
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work under deadlines is a must.
• The role requires a significant amount of self-direction and ability for forward thinking.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, national, technical managers and project staff
• Requires little or no direction in area of specialization
• Demonstrates understanding of market and technical proposals
• Excellent time management, organizational and project management skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success; which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. Typical starting pay range for this position is $67,200.00 - $96,000.00 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.