The Proposal Specialist, under general direction, is accountable for proposal activities that support selling efforts, consistent with the Kiewit Energy’s strategic plan and goals. The position will participate in the overall proposal process including win and proposal strategy planning, content development, internal review, production, submittal, and performance analysis. The Proposal Coordinator collaborates with business development managers, operations sponsors, technical specialists, and other team members to prepare responsive, compelling proposal responses. Typical proposals range from $20M to over $1B in contract size.
The Kiewit Energy marketing, creative and proposal team provide get-work services to an array of markets, including power generation, transmission and distribution, renewables, industrial, oil and gas, and water/wastewater. Individuals in this department get exposure to a mix of high profile, complex pursuits across North America valued from $5M-$6B. This incredibly profitable, competitive, fun group focuses on winning more work with high-quality, client-focused sales strategies through creative communication techniques. Our rapidly growing team, which includes graphic designers, proposal professionals, writers, digital strategists, marketers, and data analytics brings vast experience, communication expertise, innovative concepts, and best practices to all projects we support across the company.
We are open to either the Houston area or the Denver/Lone Tree Area
• Reviews RFP, RFI, RFQ and bid/qualifications request documents so that client requirements are clearly understood for the team.
• Manages proposal processes including the development of a requirements matrix, features/benefits/proofs, section directives, oral technical presentations, graphics, storyboard mock-up, reviews, production, and delivery
• Candidates must also be able to help develop, write and incorporate win themes and discriminators into proposal documents and provide quality assurance checks to ensure that all document deliverables are compliant with RFP requirements
• Develops/coordinates proposal sections that are compliant with client’s objectives and requirements and consistent with proposing entity’s approach and strategy
• Develops, edits, implements style guides and templates for proposals and other deliverables
• Has solid interviewing skills and works well with technical and non-technical SMEs to gather data and write compliant, compelling proposal content
• Develops templates, style guides, and other coordination documents as necessary for each proposal, including SharePoint proposal collaboration sites.
• Lead and participate in proposal kick-off meetings, proposal updates and milestone reviews to ensure proposal is progressing aligned with the timeline.
• Understands and implements the Kiewit Energy Group Proposal Standard Operation Procedures.
• Conduct post-proposal debriefing analysis and manage boilerplate libraries for various lines of business. Work with subject matter experts throughout the company to ensure boilerplate is accurate and up to date, including experience project profiles, resumes and key proposal sections.
• Support marketing projects as needed, such as presentations, marketing collateral development, etc.
• BA/BS in Business, Communication, Journalism, or English (will consider other majors as well)
• At least 3 years of related experience in proposals, preferably in the Energy or Industrial market.
• Excellent technical writing and editing skills; technical writing background a plus.
• Demonstrated training and experience in formal proposal management processes
• Proven experience in managing the full proposal lifecycle and a track record of results
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio and SharePoint.
• Proficiency in the Adobe InDesign preferred. Experience with Cosential, SmartSheet or similar CRM software is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic environment.
• Solid communication skills both within core group and with internal client
• Strong interviewing and editing/writing skills: thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and composition as well, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to deliver quality work that consistently meets requirements and deadlines
• A focus on teamwork – ability to continually listen, collaborate, and communicate among colleagues, internal customers, and team partners
• Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal capabilities.
• Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
• Meticulous attention to detail and consistency in work product
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $65,291 - $85,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our full-time staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.