Do you enjoy telling stories about innovative, technical projects? POWER Engineers is growing our Generation Division Marketing and Proposal Development team. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic team member to support proposal and marketing activities for a diverse range of client types, mainly in the energy industry. Our employees enjoy a hybrid workplace environment which means that you will be able to work from the comfort of your home, as well as be able to build rapport with your team in the office. You must be detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Please include a cover letter and at least two writing samples as part of your application. Note: This is not a sales position.
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities/ Primary Duties Include:
- Coordinating and organizing competitive proposal efforts, qualifications packages, and presentations.
- Developing and updating marketing materials such as project summaries, staff resumes, marketing collateral, and digital content.
- Supporting public relations efforts and producing deliverables in support of ongoing strategic marketing campaigns, including press releases, social media, trade press articles, and content for the corporate website and internal newsletter.
- Facilitating client-focused teams, supporting basic market and/or client research, and assisting with marketing and PR planning and execution.
- Ongoing updates to and entry of new information into our CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree (awarded or expected within three months)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Preference will be given to individuals with advanced degrees or backgrounds in English, communication, journalism, and marketing.
- Previous experience supporting engineering, construction, architecture, or consulting for a similar STEM/technical industry is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM systems is preferred but not required.
- Experience in layout and/or graphic design is desired but not required.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills are a must for this position. Previous experience with proposals and grant writing is beneficial.
- Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, skilled at gathering information from a variety of stakeholders, and able to communicate technical, often complex content in an engaging, accessible way.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, clear communication, and a positive attitude are also critical for a candidate’s success in this role.
At POWER Engineers, you can have a rewarding career on every level. Our philosophy is simple: Do Good. Have Fun. Build Success.
You’ll work on fun and challenging projects and initiatives. You’ll have the chance to positively impact society and the environment. And you’ll find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career.
Since we’re employee-owned, we get to make POWER a great place to work. That includes providing competitive compensation, professional development, and a full benefits package:
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Telehealth Benefit covers all providers
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- New Dads and Moms Benefit program
- Fertility Benefits
- Gender-affirming care
POWER is a fun engineering firm. That might seem contradictory to some, but it works for us!
DOE Salary: The pay range for this position is $55k-$65k per year; however, base pay may be higher or lower depending on the candidate's job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This figure does not include additional compensation such as health benefits, vacation, 401k, etc.